…does not work.
ok – i’ve failed miserably. there was debian etch with quagga and bgp working.
i’ve done apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade and quagga stopped working.
syptoms: static routes addedd via zebra ware inactive:
S 10.18.0.0/24 [1/0] via 192.168.0.1 inactive
although next hop [ 192.168.0.1 ] was reachable directly.
bgp did not worked neither. sessions ware established but couter of received prefixes was 0.
my bet is on some system libraries that ware screwed during update, but after coupel of hours of playing around with strace and looking at verbose logs from quagga i gave up. i ended up reinstalling whole system. it worked fine.
as sidenote – etch had ‘my own’ custom kernel and it was kept in lenny.