i take care of one HP server with ILO remote access card. but recently i started having problems with using web applet to connect to it.
i get exceptions:
i’ve tried using different ancient versions of jre – 1.4.2_13, 1.5.x, 1.6u7.. but it always gave me an error in the web browser.
i googled and at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-BladeSystem/Problems-with-OA-firmware-update-Exclamation-mark-symbol-on/td-p/4717327 i found a hint to download directly a jar file and run it.
i just downloaded the jar from my ilo: http://172.16.0.87/M2.JAR , saved it on the disk and run with java [1.6.23.. slightly outdated but not ancient] – this time all went fine.