while sopa/pipa legislation in the US seems to be postponed after a wave of protests acta in EU/Poland is doing just fine; acta possibly will be ratified [at least in Poland] without much of the mainstream attention. is pushing this law through the EU parliament going to be the only ‘success’ of otherwise pathetic polish presidency [pl]?
below links to some materials about the proposed laws and their [unintended? really?] consequences:
- rt’s crosstalk about sopa: yt
- short excerpt from cory doctorow’s lecture about sopa: yt; longer/broader presentation by him on 28c3 – The coming war on general computation
- [ pl ] robert waglowski nt sopa / acta: yt
- wikipedia’s article about technical implications of sopa on
- cnet writeup
- acta on wikipedia
- european digital riths’ leaflet on acta; pl version
- eff’s introduction to acta
- [ pl/en ] and some pop-clip: yt
to sum up, this time it’s piracy:
related info-graphic tackling the business side of copyright enforcement.
and as a counterweight – a pro-sopa clip: yt.