here are his findings:
ingredients: windows 8.1, j2se 1.8.60, firefox 41 or chrome 45.0.2454.99:
- go to the Control panel > java
- in the General tab: Settings > Delete files – mark all the check boxes and click ok; then in the Temporary File Settings make sure that [x] Keep temp files on my PC is checked
- in the Security tab click on the Edit Site List and add https://10.1.2.3/ – the address of your drac
- click ok
- edit C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_60\lib\security\java.security and comment out in it line constaining jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms=
- try accessing the server console using DRAC’s web interface in chrome or ff
a great find indeed!
be warned that this change will potentially decrese the security of encryption/network communication of all of the java applications you might use on your computer.